The very respected Consumer Reports asked 23,609 subscribers about their satisfaction with their auto insurance company’s claims process, the cost of premiums and their overall customer experience.
Here are the best and the worst auto insurance companies according to Consumer Reports. Where does your insurance company fall?
Top 10 rated insurers, with number 1 being the best are:
- Amica Insurance
- New Jersey Manufacturers Company
- USAA Property and Casualty
- Auto Club Group
- Erie Insurance Group
- PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
- The Cincinnati Insurance Company
- Auto-Owners Insurance Group Company
- Auto Club Enterprises Insurance Group
- Travelers Group
10 Lowest Rated insurers, with number 1 being the worst are:
- MAPFRE North American Group
- MetLife Auto & Home Group
- Mercury General Group
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Auto-insurance premiums have jumped 8.2 percent in the last year, which is nearly four times the overall rate of inflation. It pays to shop around for insurance but beware of the lowest rated.